We are seeking to recruit a full-time HR & Employment Law Consultant. Part-time or associate (freelance) will also be considered. Close date 12:00 noon on Friday 17th November 2017.
Please send your CV, ensuring you fully demonstrate how you meet the essential and any desirable criteria, to email@example.com.
HR & Employment Law Consultant
Established in 2007, Allen People Solutions Ltd offers integrated HR, training and consultancy services to its clients across Northern Ireland, Ireland and England. Due to demand, we are now looking for an experienced HR professional to join our team. This post is full-time but part-time or associate (freelance) will also be considered.
Hours: 37.5 hours per work Monday to Friday (part-time or freelance may also be considered)
Salary: £24 - £30k depending on skills and experience
Flexibility: Reasonable additional hours and travel throughout NI will be necessary to fulfil the duties of this position. Some travel to the rest of the UK and ROI may be necessary from time to time. The successful applicant may also be required to be based at client's offices for periods of time.
To be responsive in providing trusted, high quality business focused HR advice and guidance to our clients through remote telephone, email and on-site support across a wide range of people issues.
Delivery of sound Employment Law Advice to clients
- Build and maintain effective client relationships and ensure client retention through the delivering of service excellence on each and every occasion in line with our values and brand.
- Provision of timely, comprehensive and business focused HR and employment law advice and guidance to clients on a range of people issues that is legally compliant and promotes good practice.
- Case / project management to ensure the timely management of a range of employee issues on behalf of clients including the review and / or drafting of correspondence (letters and reports) such as; disciplinary, grievance, poor performance, absence issues, redundancy processes, investigations, hearing and appeals.
- Develop, implement and co-ordinate Performance Management Systems and reviews to meet specific client needs.
- Review and / or preparing Contracts of Employment and Employee Handbooks.
- Liaise with external parties ensure issues are resolved.
- Undertake HR audits for clients to enable robust action plans to be put in place to ensure compliance
- Help to market our brand and support business development activities to further grow the business.
Recruitment and Selection
- Design / support / manage recruitment and selection processes on behalf of clients including attendance on interview panels.
- Support / undertake FEC monitoring returns on behalf of clients.
Training and People Development
- Design and facilitate workshops on a range of areas of employment law / HR practice to upskill clients.
- Development of our products and services to meet the needs and challenges of our clients.
- Acting as an internal marker for assignments submitted as part of ILM formal qualification programmes.
Other duties as may be reasonably required with competence to meet business and client needs.
- Experience of providing pragmatic HR advice and guidance to managers/directors on a range of HR issues.
- A sound knowledge of current Employment law.
- An HR, Legal, Psychology, or a Business-related degree (which includes a substantial element of HR)
- Excellent PC skills across all Microsoft Packages.
- A valid driving licence with access to own vehicle.
- Flexibility to meet the demands of the post is a must including the requirement to be based at or travel to client’s sites across NI, Ireland and on occasion, England when required. Flexibility, if required to be based at client's offices for periods of time is a must.
- Results Orientated: Excellent Project and Time Management skills with the ability to effectively and efficiently manage and deliver on multiple activities / projects to meet differing client demands.
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written): The ability and confidence to provide accurate and concise verbal and written advice, reports and recommendations to clients, ensuring a strong attention to detail is maintained at all times.
- Building relationships: Ability to build and maintain positive client relationships so as to become a trusted advisor and ensuring the service excellence within our values.
- Client and Commercial Focus: Ability to offer sound advice to clients and be commercially sensitive and flexible to meeting their business needs.
- Personal Growth: An openness and willingness to learn and develop.
- CIPD qualified.
- Knowledge of Employment Legislation across jurisdictions; NI, England and ROI.
In return, you will have the opportunity to develop your career within a growing HR practice and work alongside our clients across a wide range of sectors.
Please send your CV, ensuring you fully demonstrate how you meet the essential and any desirable criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12:00 noon on Friday 17th November 2017.
Inspiring Good Practice Forum - Julie Allen Consulting and Allen People Solution's have formed a partnership to provide organisations with a quarterly forum to explore topical issues and share good practice.
Cost: £50.00 plus VAT (includes, seminar materials and refreshments)
Contact us for further information on dates.